Top 10 German Companies in India : India & Germany shares a great history in business, if we talk about history, in 1867, engineers working for Siemens started laying the world’s first undersea cable from London to Kolkata.
But it takes many years to start manufacturing in India, and that was in the 1950s that German companies began manufacturing in India.
Today, there are more than 1,600 German companies in India and over 600 Indo-German joint ventures (JVs) in operation in India.
India has always been an attractive market for multi-national German companies. So first of all if we talking about German companies in India, then it’s clearly visible or noted that German companies are not far behind in choosing the India as their base and functioning with the right strategy.
India is emerging as a global manufacturing hub, thanks to the Government’s “Make in India” initiative. India is a large and growing market.
These multi-national German companies believe that India has a huge growing capacity and its best for them to bring in their products and invest their capital in India.
With the help of Government’s “Make in India” initiative, German companies too have established their manufacturing units in India.
India offers cheap and quality labor compared to other countries that force to think these companies get in setting up Business Process Outsourcing companies and R&D services offices in India.
These all attracts the most of the German based industries to shift their focus towards India. German companies in India have a positive outlook and have nurtured plans to develop greater industrial relations on the land with great workforce.
Here are some key factors about German Companies in India:
Highlights of Post
- German companies are inclined to invest in the Indian High Tech market
- German companies in India are too keen to invest in Automobile manufacturing plants
- India is assumed to be the highest performing country among the BRIC markets
- There is a high market readiness in India for High-Tech products.
- Indo-German collaboration in HighTech manufacturing can become an important part of the “Make in India” initiative
- India has a strong IT and Space sector market capabilities that German companies could benefit
- Recent government of India initiatives in FDI, ease of doing business and infrastructure can significantly impact the business environment in many business sectors
- Indo-German collaboration in Manufacturing has the potential to favorably impact both economies
Top 10 German Companies in India
Here below is the list of top 10 German Companies in India. These are the leading organization from Germany involved in various businesses sectors like pharmaceutical Industry, equipment manufacturing, engineering, chemical field, automobile and many more sectors.
List of Top 10 German Companies in India
- Bosch Group
- Daimler AG
- Carl Zeiss
- DMG Mori Seiki AG
- Abicor Binzel
1. Bosch Group
Robert Bosch GmbH or Bosch, is a German multinational engineering and electronics company which come on the 1st rank in the list of top 10 German companies in India.
Bosch is headquartered in Gerlingen, Germany was founded 139 years ago in 1886 by Robert Bosch.
Bosch the One of the best German Company is the world’s largest supplier of automotive components.
Bosch has more than 440 subsidiary companies, in addition to automotive components, which generate around 60% of its revenues; Bosch produces industrial machinery and hand tools.
Products & Services:
Bosch provides its services in engineering & electronics industry all over the world. Bosch’s core products are automotive components, industrial products and building products.
Here are given below are the products offered by the German company:
- Gasoline Systems
- Diesel Systems
- Chassis Systems Control
- Electrical Drives
- Starter Motors and Generators
- Car Multimedia
- Automotive Electronics
- Automotive Aftermarket
- Automotive Steering
- Drive and Control Technology
- Packaging Technology
- Energy and Building Solutions
- Power Tools
- Thermo Technology
- Household Appliances
- Security Systems
- Engineering and IT
2. Daimler AG
Daimler AG is a German multinational automotive corporation giant comes next at 2nd position in the list of top 10 German Companies in India.
Daimler owns or has shares in a number of car, bus, truck and motorcycle brands including Mercedes-Benz, Mercedes-AMG, Smart Automobile, Freightliner, Western Star, Thomas Built Buses, Setra, BharatBenz, Mitsubishi Fuso, MV Agusta as well as shares in Denza, KAMAZ, Beijing Automotive Group till 2014.
Daimler AG was founded in 1883 by Karl Benz is headquartered in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. An Agreement of Mutual Interest was signed on 1 May 1924 between Benz & Cie and Daimler Motoren Gesellschaft (founded 1890 by Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybach).
Product & Services:
Daimler AG is German manufacturer of automobiles, motor vehicles, and engines, which dates back more than a century.
In 2015 Daimler sold 2.9 million vehicles, Daimler is the thirteenth-largest car manufacturer and second-largest truck manufacturer in the world.
Daimler manufactures buses and provides financial services through its Daimler Financial Services arm.
Here is some of the product list manufacture by the German Company:
- Mercedes-Benz Cars
- Maybach – Production Ended in 2012
- Daimler Trucks
- Commercial Vehicles
- Mercedes-Benz (Truck Group)
- Mitsubishi Fuso
- Thomas Built Buses
- Sterling Trucks
- Western Star
- Alliance Truck Parts
- Detroit Diesel
- Daimler Buses
- Mercedes-Benz Buses
- Orion Bus Industries – operations winded down in 2012, and closed in 2013
- Mercedes-Benz Vans
- Mercedes-Benz (vans group)
- Daimler Financial Services
- Mercedes-Benz Bank
- Mercedes-Benz Financial
- Daimler Truck Financial
- Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains (Builds engines for Formula 1 Racing)
3. Carl Zeiss
Carl Zeiss is a German manufacturer of optical systems, industrial measurements and medical devices come at 2nd rank in the list of top 10 German companies in India.
Carl Zeiss is one of the oldest existing optics manufacturers in the world. Carl Zeiss was founded in Jena, Germany in 1846 by optician Carl Zeiss that’s why the company named after its founder.
There are currently two parts of the German company, 1st is Carl Zeiss AG which located in Oberkochen with important subsidiaries in Aalen, Göttingen and Munich and 2nd is Carl Zeiss GmbH which is located in Jena.
Products & Services:
Zeiss and its German Company subsidiaries offer a wide range of products related to optics and vision.
Here are some of the products offered by the German company Carl Zeiss are mentioned below:
- Camera And Cine Lenses
- Microscopes and Microscopy Software
- Binoculars and Spotting Scopes
- Eyeglasses and Lenses
- Planetariums and Dome Video-Systems
- Optics for Military Applications Optical Sensors
- Industrial Metrology Systems
- Ophthalmology Products
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Electron microscopes
- Mask Repair Tools
- Helium ion Microscope
DHL Group is a German courier company and the world’s largest express and logistics Network comes next in the list of top 10 German Companies in India.
DHL is the global market leader in international express, overland transport and air freight. It is also the world’s number 1 in ocean freight and contract logistics.
DHL was founded in 1995 has its headquarters in Bonn, the corporation has 467,088 employees in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide.
Products & Services:
DHL offers a full range of customized solutions – from express document shipping to supply chain management, international express, overland transport and air freight.
Here are some of brands and services provided by the German company:
- International Shipping
- International Express Delivery
- Export & Import Services
- Domestic Services
- Small Business Solutions
- Freight Transportation
- Air Freight
- Ocean Freight
- Road and Rail Freight
- Intermodal & Multimodal Transport
- Industrial Projects Transportation
- Trade Fairs & Events
- Carrier and Dedicated Transportation Management
- Renewable Energy
- Aid & Relief Services
- Warehousing and Distribution
- Temperature Controlled Logistics
- Green Logistics Solutions
- Supply Chain Solutions
- Industry Sector Solutions
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Life Sciences & Healthcare
Allianz SE is most famous & trust worthy financial services German company in India which comes next in the list of top 10 German companies in India.
The German company headquartered in Munich, Germany, was founded by then director of the Munich Reinsurance Company Carl Von Thieme and Wilhelm Von Finck.
Allianz core businesses are insurance and asset management. As of 2014, there are many facts about the German Company:
- Allianz is the world’s largest insurance company
- The largest financial services group
- The largest company according to a composite measure by Forbes magazine
- The largest financial services company measured by 2013 revenue
Products & Services:
Allianz has operations in over 70 countries and has around 147,000 employees, offers 85 million customers worldwide products and services in insurance and asset management.
Here are the products offered by the German company:
- Private Insurance (Families, Health, On the road, House and home, Old age provision)
- Business Insurance(Large corporations, Small- / Medium Enterprises, Credit Insurance)
- Asset Management (Fixed Income Products, Shares and Commodities, Multi Asset & Absolute Return)
- Global Lines (Corporate Assistance, Global Direct, Global Reinsurance, Global Life, Employee Benefits, Investment Management, Real Estate, Shared Services)
- Global Services and Assistance (Profile, Assistance, Health, Automotive)
- Sustainable Solutions (Insurances & Services, Micro insurance, Investment & other Products)